Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Focaccia

Now a days I have started to bake a lot...there was a time when I was afraid to use the oven in my house...Only after making my first cake and pav did my confidence go to such a high level that I bake many things now a days...This recipe I had seen in Magazine TasteofHome... and had decided to prepare it...I shud admit that only the base is same as in book with small changes(measurement)...all other things like  spices, herbs, toppings,  cheese... everything is different...The very truth is I dint have any of the stuffs what they said..:) So I went for my version...It came out fine...soft and tasty..





All purpose flour/Maida-2 cups
Active dry yeast-1 pack(1/4 oz)
Warm Water-1 cup(nearly)
Olive oil-2 tbsp
salt-11/2 tsp
Sugar-1 tsp
Garlic powder-1 tsp

For Topping:
Tomato -1(thinly sliced)
pineapple  -1/4 cup(sliced)
Mushrooms-1 no(thinly sliced)
Mozzarella cheese-1/4 cup(I had very little mozzarella,so added little cheddar cheese)
Parmesan cheese-1 tbsp
pepper,garlic powder-1 tsp






Method Of Preparation:
1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.To this add 11/2 tbsp oil,salt,sugar,garlic powder and flour and make a soft dough(sticky too).
2. Knead the dough on a floured surface for 6 to 8 mins until smooth and soft ball forms.Grease a bowl with little olive oil and place this dough in that.Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in warm place until doubled(nearly 1 to 1nd 1/2 hour)
3. Grease a  rectangle baking pan(I used square pan) atleast 8 or 9 in.. .and keep the dough in that and shape it(see that the thickness is uniform) to rectangle form.Keep it to rise for 30 min.
4. Make dimples on surface of dough using finger, brush dough with remaining oil,sprinkle cheese,arrange toppings with a pinch of salt and then sprinkle Parmesan cheese.
5. Preheat oven at 400 F.Bake for 20-30 min or until golden brown.
6. Cool on rack, sprinkle some pepper, garlic powder,cut to pieces and serve.




45 comments:

  1. wow....this is absolutely new to me...but it looks just so yummy !I think I can hav the whole of it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks Scrumptious :)Want to grab it from plate ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. delicious focaccia!! I've seen lots of recipes for focaccia but this one looks interesting.. bookmarked it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow looks so yummy and tempting !!! awesome pics !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice pics...will surely give this recipe a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Focaccia bread too..looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baking is delightful and that focaccia looks perfectly baked... Yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is new to me. Looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic focaccia, absolutely delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, looks perfect and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very yummy and delicious one.perfectly baked bread

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!!!! Reshmi, this is new to me. Really very easy. Sure gonna try this...:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks so yum and inviting! I wish I could take a bite:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks so yummy & perfectly baked...Bookmarked this recipe..
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember having eaten this in Rome...looks absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great appetizer! I love focaccia!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the toppings u chose..plus the soft , fluffy focaccia is irrestible

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous..looks so easy and delicious to make..thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks new and diff' yet very inviting and superb...kudos to ur baking adventures...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks delicious and perfectly baked...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very very new to me. Its different with a little bit crunchy affect and soft inside. Too good awesome try.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow...love this....looks extremely yum...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love focaccia! I dont make my own but get them from the deli. I like mine with lots of olives and sundried tomatoes.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love to eat foccasia bread as breakfast. Never added these many toppings before...Looks good reshmi..

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have tasted focaccia..but never tried at home will try this for sure and keep you posted. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This looks soooo soft, yummy, delicious and colourful... Nice clicks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. looks yum and this is somthg i want to try it for long- ur pics tempt me !

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is new to me,looks delicious,bookmarked.

    ReplyDelete
  29. the focaccia has come out perfect!...very nicely done!..I could eat it whole just like that!
    Smitha
    Smitha's Spicy Flavors

    ReplyDelete
  30. My all time fav- pretty simple to make and it is very flavorful! good recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is something I habe been wanting to make; thank you for showing me the way. I'm keeping this for the return to my kitchen.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  32. looks so professionally made..yumm

    I posted the award you passed to me on my blog..thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  33. wow i love focaccia but never really made it

    ReplyDelete
  34. very innovative and looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. This look absolutely delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautifully baked focaccia....bookmarking it.

    ReplyDelete
  37. focacia..ha ha..irunga irunga 2 times solli parthukuren..first time hearing abot this recipe..........super..kalakiteenga..

    ReplyDelete
  38. looks wonderfully healthy and colourful

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is gorgeous... saving it to try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks everyone...Do try it out and let me know...;)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thanks for dropping by Reshmi..
    Liked your blog and this Foccacia is a real treat.
    Loved your almond cake too.

    ReplyDelete
  42. looks Scrumptious....today i was thinking of baking one but did not do so...yours is lovely will try it out:)...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time to vist my small world of cooking. Your comments are my inspiration. Criticism and suggestions are always welcome. Happy cooking!

ShareThisFinal

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...