Thursday, March 3, 2011

Dahi vada/Black Gram dumplings in yogurt

I had some batter remaining after making uzhunnu vada which I decided to make dahi vada.


Uzhunnu vada-6 nos
Curd-1/4 cup or little less
Salt to taste
Mustard-1/2 tsp
Dry red chilly-2 no(broken to halves)
Curry leaves few
Oil-1 to 2 tbsp


Method Of Preparation:

1. Let the uzhunnu vada cool for some time.
2. In a bowl of water, soak the vadas  for 10-15 minutes.
3. Then press the vada by keeping them in between your palm to remove the water content in it.
4. Take  thick curd  in a bowl and add little water to dilute it and then add some salt.
5. Now put the vadas into the curd and soak well.
6. In a wok heat little oil and add mustard and red chilly. Let it sputter. Then add curry leaves and take from stove.Add this mixture to the vadas in curd and Keep for some time and serve.
7. This can be served chilled by keeping in the refrigerator also.

19 comments:

  1. this seems to be south-indian version of dahi vada.. will try this one!! it looks delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS DAHI VADA, MADE ME REMEMBER SARAVANA BHAVAN ..YAAR

    ReplyDelete
  3. My all time fav..looks adipoli!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who will say no this delicious dahi vadas,yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love dahi vada,this looks absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hubbys favourite! Love those vadas anytime

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your Dahi vadas they look so tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love ur version of making dahi vada.We makes it in a different way

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome dahi vada, I love to have some.

    ReplyDelete
  10. feeling nostalgic.... boo....hoo... me missing Chennai!!! looks lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks soft and delicious ... yummm

    Cheers,
    Satrupa

    http://satrupa-foodforthought.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. yummy and delicious vada dear...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Reshmi, I was thinking of making dahi vadas as my FIL likes it a lot. They are here with us. Will try this for sure. Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey you are tempting me with that bowl! Vada is one of my all time favorite comfort food, with or without dahi.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks dear friends for the words....
    @ Zareena: do try and let me know the feedback....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time to vist my small world of cooking. Your comments are my inspiration. Criticism and suggestions are always welcome. Happy cooking!

ShareThisFinal

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...