Long grain rice(I used Basmathi Rice as I dint have long grain)-1 cup
Tomatoes-2 no( chopped)
Jalapeno chilly-1 no
Garlic cloves-2-3 nos(minced)
Tomato paste--1 tbsp
Water/vegetable stock -2 cups
Salt to taste
Cilantro few for garnishing
Lemon juice-2 tbsp(optional)
Method Of Preparation:
1. Wash the rice and soak in water for 10 min.Then drain the rice and fry it in a skillet with 1 tbsp oil till the rice becomes translucent and golden.Then add garlic and jalapeno and cook for another 1 minute.
2. Meanwhile blend the tomatoes and onion in a processor until pureed.Add the pureed tomatoes, 1 cup of water/vegetable stock along with tomato paste and salt.
3. Close the vessel tightly and cook for 10-15 minutes stirring halfway, until the rice is tender and cooked completely.
4. Garnish with cilantro leaves and squeeze lime juice.
1. Jalapeno chilly is hot, so if you want to reduce heat remove the seeds and thread.
2. Lemon juice can be added according to your taste.
3. You can grind garlic along with tomato and add it too.