A piece of beauty is always memorable...and if its tasty then.....My roaming around in the blog world lead me to these beautiful and super delicious goodies...I found them in suhaina's blog and immediately fell in love with them...and finally they got a special place in my home as well as blog...Thanks suhaina for the recipe....and those tempting pics...I halved the recipe and here it is...
|Just out of the oven....under the yellow light..|
All Purpose Flour(APF)- 1 nd 1/2 cups
Warm Water- 1/2 cup(add more if you need)
Yeast- 1/2 tbps
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Sugar- 1 tbps
Extra Virgin Olive Oil- 1 nd 1/2 tbps
For Garlic Spread:
Garlic-3 to 4 cloves(minced/crushed)
Salted Butter-4 to 5 tbsp(at room temp)
Coriander leaves-1 to 2 tbsp(minced)
Method Of Preparation of spread:
Mix everything together at room temperature. You can use unsalted butter too,in that case add little salt while mixing.
Method Of Preparation Of Roll:
1. Mix sugar,salt,yeast,warm water,APF and knead to a smooth dough.Add extra water if needed.The dough would be sticky.
2. Then add the oil and knead the dough till it becomes soft.
3. Grease a bowl and keep the dough in that and close it with a damp cloth to rise, for 1 hour or more acc to the temp of place you live. The dough should double its size.
4. Now grease a baking pan with butter and keep aside.
5. Now punch the air in it and knead twice and then roll to a rectangle form using rolling pin.Dust the floor before rolling. Let it atleast have half inch thickness.
6. Now apply the garlic spread over it and roll it tightly(as for swiss roll).Then cut the rolls to four/five pieces.
7. Place the rolls on the greased pan with cut side up,apply remaining spread,apply a wash with milk/egg and sprinkle some seesame seeds,and let it rise for another 25- 30 min.Close with a damp towel.
9. Bake for 20 to 25 mins or till the surface becomes golden in colour.
10. Cool and serve...