Thursday, March 17, 2011

Aloo Poori

Sometimes I am as lazy as a cricket(as in Ant and the Cricket)...Till seven in the eve wud be roaming around the 2 special people in my house...then at around 7.30 wud be thinking...What for dinner today??? One such day made this...Its very easy...I dint make any side dish for this...had it with curd...
This recipe is something same has aloo paratha...other than frying in oil....I have made a different stuffing and it was delicious too...but they wont puff as much as your normal poori...yes they were soft..and yummy...yup also its bit oily..(once in a while its fine with us..)



For poori:
Wheat flour/atta-1 cup
salt to taste
water to knead
Oil to knead-1 tsp

For stuffing:
Potato-1 no(boiled,mashed)
Cilantro/coriander-2 tsp
Ginger paste-1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Black pepper powder-1 tsp
Chaat masala-1 tsp

Method Of Preparation:
1. Knead the wheat flour to a soft dough using water.Then knead it with oil.Keep aside for 15 min in a air tight box/close it with a damp cloth.
2. In another bowl,add all the stuffing ingredients and mix well.
3. Now take the flour and roll them to small balls.Same way roll the potato mixture to smaller balls as shown.

4. Take a dough ball,make a small round of it,keep the potato ball and cover it.

                    



5. Now using a rolling pin,roll it to small rounds like poori.Dust it with flour if needed.


6. Heat oil in a wok and fry the pooris till golden.



7. Serve with any dish of your choice or just with curd.




Tips:
1. Be careful while frying as sometimes oil pops out of the wok.

30 comments:

  1. Interesting and innovative recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we need a treat... and this is great one... A very innovative dish...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious.Gotta try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haven't heard of aloo poori but this looks yummy and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very new and interesting recipe !! Yummy puri !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting pooris, will try soon..

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhh....aloo poorii.....wonderfull...one of my favorites ! I'm feeling hungry now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like PAratha, poori also looks fab and delicious

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummy yummy and love aloo pooris :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. allo poori.....hm....new one and yummy too..i heard only about allo paratha.......thank for sharing.....great idea..

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made me really hungry now, wish you were my neighbor :) The puris look DELICIOUS!!


    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks wonderful. I really love Indian breads and yours looks exceptionally delicious. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds mouthwatering...Gotta try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have seen this recipe again now and it looks too tempting - I must make this - bookmarked - LOVELY post dear!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aloo poori looks great..thats really making me hungry now even after having my dinner..mm..yum!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely aloo pooris. My MIL also makes thus

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds delicious....and looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow delicious poori and u made them so perfect..!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aloo poori looks superb....feel like having some right now.. neww recipe for me

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Reshmi, sounds and looks delicious! I am a puri person :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. interesting pooris..will give it a try....

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am loving this aloo puri,and I can have so many of these with a nice cuppa masala chai:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Poori with stuffing inside sounds so nice.Never tried this way.Will give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aloo poori looks and sounds yumm..

    ReplyDelete
  25. Interesting and innovative recipe... quite like aloo kachori...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time to vist my small world of cooking. Your comments are my inspiration. Criticism and suggestions are always welcome. Happy cooking!

ShareThisFinal

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...