Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Beans Thoran/Beans Stirfry... and Awards...



Beans-2 cups(cut)
Onion-1/4 piece(cut to small pieces)
Turmeric-1/4 tsp
Garlic-1/2 tsp(minced)
Salt to taste
Mustard-1 tsp
Oil-1 tbsp
Coconut-1/4 cup(grated)
Green chillies-1 no(cut to small pieces)
Curry leaves-1 stalk
Water to cook

Method Of Preparation:
1. Heat oil in a wok,sputter mustard and add onion to it.Fry till it becomes translucent.
2. Add the beans, turmeric, garlic and fry for 2 min.
3. Then add little water and cook with lid closed till beans becomes soft.Add salt and mix well.Cook till it becomes dry.
4. Take the coconut,green chillies and curry leaves in a bowl and crush them with your hand.Add this to the cooked beans and mix well for a minute.
5. Remove from heat and serve as a side for rice.



Got this award from jay of Tasty Appetite... Thanks Jay for sharing it with me...





Rules:


1.Accept the award. Post it in your blog with the name of the blogger who has given u this award with a link to his/her blog.
2.Pass it on to 15 other blogger friends.... to keep the ball rolling.
3.Let the nominated blogger know about their award [leave a comment in their most recent post]

And this is my AWARD GALORE from Vimitha Anand , Harika...Thanks dear friends for thinking about me...







Here are 7 facts about me:
1. I like to listen to gazals.
2. I love(am crazy) to watchTom & Jerry and laugh even at this age.
3. Eating icecreams in winter is one of my madness.
4. Love to go on the back of our bike while it is drizzling.
5. Can sit and complete a novel at a stretch....I just enjoy that..
6.  Fighting with my sister was something that I loved most and now misses most.
7. I like and love to eat chocolates...no matter how many you give...I will finish them..

Passing it on to 15 of my blogger friends....Do collect all the awards...

1. Reva
2. Ramya

Rules:


1.Accept the award. Post it in your blog with the name of the blogger who has given u this award with a link to his/her blog.
2.Pass it on to 15 other blogger friends.... to keep the ball rolling.
3.Let the nominated blogger know about their award [leave a comment in their most recent post]



34 comments:

  1. Yumm, my fav thoran..just love with curd rice..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely pic, very tempting too…looks mouthwatering

    ReplyDelete
  3. very delicious and inviting fry !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very yummy dish!..I make it almost the same....always nice to have with sambar
    Smitha
    Smitha's Spicy Flavors

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reshmi, wow well deserved award for you and thoran is yummy.. my fav too.. rice, thoran and curd - the best lunch ever. Thanks so much for sharing the award with me, it means a lot... and 'sisterhood' is the perfect word for us blogger friends in this blogoworld rt?
    ammaandbaby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your awards dear...you deserved it !bean stir fry looks very tempting !

    ReplyDelete
  7. A simple n yummy side dish- looks great!
    Congrats on your awards n thank you so much for sharing with me. I am really happy to have got the awards from you :) Big hug to you :)

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on ur awards..very well desevred!Nice to know few thing abt you..
    Beans stir fry looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey thx for the recipe and congrats

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adipoli beans thoran. Congrats on your award. wishing many more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks like its raining awards :) congratulations! thoran looks nice and comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The thoran looks delicious and healthy. Congratz for the awards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. congratulations on the awards
    thoran looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your award.. Beans thoran looks delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great poriyal..Ur awards reminds me to update my award section ..

    CONGRATS ON UR AWARD..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Delicious curry! And congratulations for the many awards dear - wish you many more!

    ReplyDelete
  17. very tempting thoram .... congrats for the award ... wishing you many more awards ...
    www.rajafood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats On Ur Awards and Thanks for passing them to me...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thoran looks delicious!!!
    Congratulations for so many Awards....very well deserved...and thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on ur awards.... and me too a thoran fan..... just posted a cabbage thoran!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Simple and yummy thoran:-)
    Congrats on the awards galore...very well deserved indeed!!
    Thanks a bunch for sharing a bunch of awards with me...Hugs hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love beans stir fry and this looks so very yum...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Delicious thoran, congrats on those bunch of awards, good to know you, as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. recipe is great and congrats for the awards

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on your awards dear..delicious thoran,my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations on ur awards! Looks so yum....

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulation on your awards and wish you many more.Awesome thoran.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time to vist my small world of cooking. Your comments are my inspiration. Criticism and suggestions are always welcome. Happy cooking!

ShareThisFinal

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...