After 25 min...you know curiosity to know what happened...I cut the loaf and to my horror a gray coloured cake piece...I had used red grapes..pulp was bright red...cake batter was light red...how come gray cake...:o) Now I was sure ok to the bin...
I just took the piece in hand...shud say that it was super soft and fluffy..bit a small piece and wow the cake was superb...Yupeeeeeee.. it was a hit (other than the color :))...
All Purpose Flour/Maida-1 cup
Baking Powder-2 tsp
Baking Soda-1/2 tsp
Red Seedless Grape Juice-3/4 cup
Extra Virgin Olive Oil-4 tbsp
Vanilla essence-1/2 tbsp
Method Of Preparation:
1. Wash the grapes,grind it without adding water.It wont be too watery as there would be the skin of grapes,in pulpy form.Keep aside.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients together.
3. Beat sugar and egg till it becomes smooth for 2 min and then add oil,yogurt and beat for a minute.
4. Add the grape pulp,vanilla essence to egg mixture and mix it with dry ingredients.(don't over mix it)
5. Grease a loaf pan (aipi used this 5x8 in,I dont know wats the size of my loaf pan...it is small,so I baked in two pans).., add batter to it and place it in to a preheated oven at 375 F and bake it for 35 to 40 min. until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
6. Cool in the pan for 15 min and then move to wire rack and cool completely.Serve at room temperature.
Note: Its my own idea of adding grape pulp..How ever it was a success at my home...I should say, try it at your own risk.. :)
Entering this recipe for below contest