Thursday, March 10, 2011

Beetroot Pachadi/Beetroot and curd curry

Pachadi is a common recipe in kerala..Here I have my moms beetroot pachadi which is very simple and colourful...



Coconut Oil- 1 tsp
Mustard seeds-1 tsp+1 tsp
Green chillies- 2
Beetroot-1/2 (Grated)
Fresh Coconut-1/4 cup(Grated)
Curry leaves one strand
Salt  to taste
curd- 1nd 1/4 cup(medium thick)

 Method Of Preparation:

1. Cook the grated beet with 2 to 3 tbsp of water till it becomes medium soft(about 2 mins).
2. Meanwhile grind coconut,green chilly,2 tbsp curd and keep aside.Crush 1 tsp of mustard seeds and mix it with the ground coconut mixture.
3. Once beet looks little soft add the ground mixture,salt to it and mix well and take from stove after a minute(when you see little bubbles start to come,don't boil it).Shift it to another vessel and let it cool.
4. Once it cools, add curd to it and mix well.
5.Then heat oil in a wok, sputter mustard seeds and some curry leaves and add this to the  mixture.
6. Serve as a side dish with rice.


Tips:
1. You can cut the beets to cube too,takes longer time to cook.
2. Don't add too much of water while cooking beets.
3. Don't boil the coconut mixture,taste changes.
4. I made it thick,if you want it more in liquid form add little water to curd(see that sourness doesn't go)

40 comments:

  1. We make it in slightly diff way...Ur's looks Great
    http://panchamrutham.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a colorful dish and would go really well with dosas...

    You have an award in my blog. Please visit and collect the award.
    Thanks
    Vimitha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat a vibrant and delicious pachadi,love it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so tempting...Love it....Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beet root pachadi looks delicious, awesome pink color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all kinds of pachadi. This looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a colorful dish....loved it !

    ReplyDelete
  8. my mom prepares bit different. will try ur version soon..

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice pic n recipe. We make it a lil diff. Heat oil, add jeera, then add grated beetroot. cook for some time. Then add chilli pd or green chillies, salt. Cool n add curd. This is my MIL's recipe. My husband is very fond of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love them a lot,especially color, I make them very soft, waiting for making it for Vishu!
    Reshmi,there is an award waiting for u at my space, Plz accept it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice pink color..the recipe sounds easy n delicious!


    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beetroot pachadi looks yum, colourful and vibrant..

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love to do this for onam..yummy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks so colorful and delicious!!

    Gayu
    http://ensamayalarangam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. The color is soooooo inviting! Loved it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this a lot. It seems Yummy, delicious and very colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love beet roots. This is such a different way from what we make in Greece. I must give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Reshmi,

    You have an award waiting in my blog.
    Please collect it.

    Regards,
    Hema
    http://hemskitchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this dish especially for its lovely pink color. Your pachadi is tempting me to make this for lunch tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I never came to know abt this dish... i see in many blog's but never made it:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I never came to know abt this dish... i see in many blog's but never made it:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Reshmi,
    you've an award waiting for you in my blog. Do collect it!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love beetroot, and i always make pachadi with it, your looks very good, reshmi :)Beautiful aytund tto

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, what a beautiful dish..love the color..curry looks great and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this so much..beautiful and delicious pachadi.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I luvvvvvvvvvvv the pink. Looks delicious.

    Cheers,
    Satrupa

    http://satrupa-foodforthought.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks dear friends for your visits and loving words....Also for the lovely awards....I wud collect the award on saturday as My Prince wont allow me to work on system for more time...So once his dad is at home I can spend a little more time on sys...Thanks once again...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the colour, would love to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow....beautiful dish....
    me also started one blog,plz visit and give suggestions..
    deepam84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. WoW!!..wat a beautiful color..i usually make beetroot raita..will surely try ths!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time to vist my small world of cooking. Your comments are my inspiration. Criticism and suggestions are always welcome. Happy cooking!

ShareThisFinal

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...