Pachadi is a common recipe in kerala..Here I have my moms beetroot pachadi which is very simple and colourful...
Coconut Oil- 1 tsp
Mustard seeds-1 tsp+1 tsp
Green chillies- 2
Fresh Coconut-1/4 cup(Grated)
Curry leaves one strand
Salt to taste
curd- 1nd 1/4 cup(medium thick)
Method Of Preparation:
1. Cook the grated beet with 2 to 3 tbsp of water till it becomes medium soft(about 2 mins).
2. Meanwhile grind coconut,green chilly,2 tbsp curd and keep aside.Crush 1 tsp of mustard seeds and mix it with the ground coconut mixture.
3. Once beet looks little soft add the ground mixture,salt to it and mix well and take from stove after a minute(when you see little bubbles start to come,don't boil it).Shift it to another vessel and let it cool.
4. Once it cools, add curd to it and mix well.
5.Then heat oil in a wok, sputter mustard seeds and some curry leaves and add this to the mixture.
6. Serve as a side dish with rice.
1. You can cut the beets to cube too,takes longer time to cook.
2. Don't add too much of water while cooking beets.
3. Don't boil the coconut mixture,taste changes.
4. I made it thick,if you want it more in liquid form add little water to curd(see that sourness doesn't go)