Wednesday, March 30, 2011
All Purpose Flour-1 cup
Baking Powder-1 tsp
Salt to taste
Chilly sauce-1 tsp
Bread Crumbs-1/2 cup
Oil to fry
Method Of Preparation:
1.Slice the onion in the form of rings.Separate and keep aside.
2. Mix flour,baking powder and salt and keep aside.
3. In another bowl mix(whisk) egg,chilly sauce,milk and keep aside.
4. Keep the bread crumbs in another plate.
5. Heat oil in a wok for deep frying.
6. Dip the onion in flour mixture,then in egg mixture and roll in bread crumbs and fry till golden brown.Drain in a kitchen tissue and continue the process.
7. Serve as a side for variety rice/as a snack.
Note & Tips:
1. I used Chinese chili sauce which had garlic in it.If using normal sauce add 1/4 tsp of garlic(paste/powder/minced) while making the egg mixture.
2. I toasted the bread and powdered it,Bread crumbs should be smooth.
3. You can also add just 1/4 cup of milk.