Beet Greens-I used greens of three beets.
Green chilly-1 no(slit/cut to small pieces)
Shallots-4 no(cut to small pieces)
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder-a pinch.
Coconut Oil-1 tbsp
Grated Coconut-4 tbsp
Method Of Preparation:
1. Wash and clean the leaves and stem of beet greens.
2. Cut to small pieces.
3. In a wok, heat oil, add shallots, garlic,chilly and fry them till it starts to change colour to light pink.
4. Add the chopped greens and cook it with lid closed for about 2 min, then add little water ,salt and cook till the leaves become tender and there is no water in it.
5. Then add grated coconut and mix well and take from heat.
1. If you wish you can sputter mustard and add urdal before frying the shallots.
2. Garlic can be crushed also.
3. Add salt at the end so that you don't end up adding more salt seeing the amount of leaf initially.