Bitter gourd-1 no(cut to thin round slice)
Tomato Puree/Tomato-4 tbsp/2 no
onion-1 no(cut to thick cubes)
Oil to fry
cumin seeds-1 tsp
curry leaves-1 stalk
Red chilli powder-1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Method Of Preparation:
1. Heat the oil in a wok and deep fry the cut bitter gourd pieces until they become golden brown.Keep aside.
2. Heat the pan and add 2 tsp oil. Add cumin seeds,mustard and curry leaves in it and let it sputter. After that add garlic ,onion and fry till onion turns light pink.
3. Then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and salt and mix well. After that add tomato puree with little water(about 1/4 to 1/2 glass) and let it boil.
4. Then add fried bitter gourd pieces and mix well for 1 min and turn the gas off.
5. Serve with rice/chapathi.