My husband loved it and I too am a fan of it now...
Ripe plantain-1(Nendra pazham)
Method Of Preparation:
1. Cook the sago with milk till it gets soft.
2. Add sugar to that and cook for some minutes.Add cardomom powder.Turn off the heat.
3. Fry the raisins in ghee and add that to the cooked sago.
4. Cut the banana to small pieces and add that to the payasam when it is still hot and mix well.
5. Serve hot.
1.I cooked the sago and milk in pressure cooker for one whistle on medium heat but if cooking it in separate vessel add water and cook it to medium soft.once it is done add milk and cook completely.
2. See that you don't overcook sago.Keep checking it as there is only a small gap between cooked and overcooked.If overcooked it becomes too thick and sticky.You wont like it.
3. Sago increases in quantity once cooked.so use accordingly.