Apples-1 large(little tart apples would be good/cooking apples)
Lemon juice-1/2 tsp(optional)
Mustard seeds-1/4 tsp
Fenugreek powder-1/8 tsp
chili powder-1/2 tsp
Dry Red chilly-2 no
salt to taste
vegetable oil-2 tbsp
Method Of Preparation:
1. Wash,dry then core the apples and dice them into tiny cubes.
2. Toss with lemon juice and set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When they crackle, add dry red chilly, fenugreek powder, asafoetida, green chilies. Stir on medium high heat for about 1 minute. Add chili powder, and salt and heat the mixture for a seccond.
4. Take from heat wait for some time and mix it with the apple.
5. Once cool, store the pickle in an air-tight container in the fridge. Pickle will last about a week.
1. Pickles taste good when apples are crisp.So when you add the hot mixture wait for sometime so that it cools.
2. If the apple is not tart use lemon to reduce the sweetness, else it can be omitted.