Lentils/Toor dal/split pegion peas-1/2 cup
Spinach/Palak-2 cup(roughly cut)
Garlic-1 tsp (crushed)
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Chilly powder-1/2 tsp
Onion-1/4 piece(cut to small pieces)
Curry leaves-1 stalk
Method Of Preparation:
1. Boil the lentils till it becomes soft.
2. Add the spinach,turmeric,chilly powder and salt and cook till spinach becomes tender.Take from heat.
3. In a wok heat oil,add mustards,onion ,curry leaves,garlic and fry it till raw smell goes.Add this to the gravy.
4. Serve with White rice.
1. Another variation of this one is using coconut milk.In that case once the spinach gets cooked add coconut milk and bring to boil.After that take from fire and season it with mustard ,curry leaves and onion.In this case you need 1/4 cup of coconut milk.
2. You can also grind coconut to smooth paste and add to it instead of milk.Then you need nearly 1/4cup grated coconut.