Chickpeas(Garbanzo beans)-1 cup(soaked before)
Tomato puree-2 tbsp
Green chilly-1 no(Roughly cut)
Salt to taste
Ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp
Red chilly powder-1 tsp
Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
Gram Masala-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Amchur powder(dry mango powder)-1 pinch(optional)
Coriander leaves few
Method Of Preparation:
1. Cook the chickpea till it becomes tender.
2. Grind the onion,tomato,green chilly and keep aside.
3. In a pan heat oil and add coriander powder,garam masala,chilly powder,turmeric powder and roast it for some time.
4.Add the onion paste and ginger-garlic paste and fry it till the raw smell of onion goes.
5. Add tomato puree and mix well.After that add the cooked chickpeas,little water along with salt and cook for 5 minutes approx.(add water according to how much you want the gravy..It tastes good with medium thickness)
6. Add amchur powder and mix well.Garnish with coriander leaves.
7. Serve with poori/indian flat bread.
1. If tomato puree is not there, grind fresh tomato without adding water to smooth paste.