Lemon juice-2 to 3 tbsp
Sliced almonds/pistachio/Raisins/cashews for garnishing
Method Of Preparation of Paneer:
- Boil the 5 cups of milk in a heavy bottomed pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, making sure not to burn milk.
- As the milk comes to a boil, add the lemon juice gradually and stir the milk gently. The curd will start separating from the whey, turn off the heat.
- Drain the whey using a muslin cloth.
- Rinse it under cold water(to remove the sourness from lemon), and squeeze well, so that no water content remains in paneer.
- Break the paneer to powder.
- Boil remaining 5 cup of the milk in a heavy bottom pan on medium high heat until the milk reduces to about two cups.Make sure to frequently stir else milk burns at bottom of the pan.
- Add the paneer in the milk and keep stirring till the mixture thickens and forms a soft dough consistency.
- Add the sugar and continue to cook stirring until the mixture becomes soft lump and starts leaving the pan from sides.
- Pour it over greased plate with about half inch thickness.
- Cool it and cut in squares.
- Garnish with any nuts.