cauliflower/Gobi-1 medium sized
All-purpose flour/maida-2 tbsp
green chilly paste-1 tsp
warm water-1/2 cup approx.
salt to taste
Onion-1/4 cup(finely chopped)
spring onions-1tbsp(finely chopped)
capsicum-1/2 , finely sliced
garlic-1 1/2 tbsp (minced )
ginger-1/2 tbsp(minced )
green chillis-2 (minced)
red chilli powder-1 tsp (preferably Kashmiri)
soya sauce-2 tsp
chilli sauce-1 tbsp(red)
tomato sauce-3 tbsp
salt as required
vegetable oil-1 1/2 tbsp
coriander leaves little(finely chopped) to garnish
Method Of Preparation:
1. Place the cauliflower florets in salted hot water for 10-12 mins and drain and keep aside
2. In a bowl, combine maida, cornflour, salt, ginger-garlic-green chilly paste and water to make a thick paste. Dip the washed and drained florets into the batter such that its well coated.
3. Heat oil for deep frying in a wok/pan.
4. Place each floret that is well coated with the batter into the hot oil and deep fry till the gobi is almost cooked and it turns golden brown. Remove onto absorbent paper and keep aside
5. Heat about 2tbsp of oil in another wok ,when it gets heated add the chopped garlic and stir fry for a few seconds. Add the green chillies and ginger and stir fry for a few seconds..4 6. Add the onions and stir fry . Add the sliced capsicum and stir fry for 3 mins. They should retain their crunch.
7. Reduce to medium heat and add the vinegar,soya sauce, tomato ketchup, chilly sauce . Combine well and cook for 2 mins.
8. Add 1 tbsp. cornflour to 1/4 cup water and dissolve well.
9. Gradually add to the gravy and stir continuously till it resumes boiling.Boil till the gravy becomes medium thick.
10. Add the deep fried cauliflower and combine. Toss on high flame for 1-2 mins. Turn off heat. Garnish with the chopped spring onion and coriander leaves.
11. Serve hot.
1.Instead of chilly powder you can use red food colour also.
2. Cornflour is used to thicken the dish,If you don't want it so then don't use.If using it see that you don't use too much else your gravy becomes too thick and loses its taste.