1. Basmathi Rice- 1 cup
2. Ghee- 4 tbsp
3. Vegetables(Carrot,Beetroot,French Beans,Green Peas) cut-1/2 cup
4. Ginger-6 cloves
5. Garlic-small piece
6. Green chilly-2 nos halved
7. Onion-1 big(thinly sliced)
8.Coriander leaves cut-1/4 cup
9. Pudina-1/4 cup
10. Curd-1 tsp
11. Gram Masala-1 tsp
12. Biryani Masala-1 tsp
13. Salt for taste
14.Raisins and cashew nuts for garnishing.
15. Water-2 cups
Method Of Preparation:
1. Wash the rice and keep it aside to drain water.
2. Grind pudina,coriander leaves,green chillies to form a smooth paste.
3. Grind ginger and garlic and keep aside.(ginger-garlic paste can also be used)
4. Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker and add onion to it.keep it for a minute and add ginger-garlic paste to it.
5. After few seconds add the vegetables, garam masala and biryani masala and mix well and cook it for 4 minutes.
6. Add rice to this vegetables and mix for few seconds.
7. Add curd, pudina,coriander,green chilly paste to rice and mix well.
8. Add salt and water and keep the flame on high and cook it closed till high pressure comes out. Don't put the weight.
9. When high pressure comes out reduce the flame and put the weight. Keep for about 3 minutes and then switch off the gas.
10. Roast raisins,cashew nuts in little ghee and add that to rice.
11. Serve warm.
1. Don't let the pressure cooker to whistle.
2. Tomato can be used if curd is not available.
3. Instead of biryani masala,2 tsp gram masala can be used.
4. Pudina/cashew/raisins can be omitted.
5. If the food looks moist/little sticky keep it open for sometime.
6. If using an ordinary vessel wait till the water gets evaporated from rice.