All Purpose flour-1/2 cup
Gram flour/besan-1 tsp
Corn flour-1 tbsp
Lukewarm water- 1/2 cup-2 tbsp (as needed)
Yellow/orange color-1 to 2 drops
Oil to fry
lemon juice-1 tsp
Few strands of saffron.
Method Of Preparation:
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water and let it sit for about five minutes.
- Mix the all purpose flour, gram flour (besan), corn flour,yogurt, oil(1/2 tsp), and color together.
- Add the yeast solution to flour and mix well,along with yogurt and water making sure that there are no lumps
- Set the batter aside in a warm place for one hour.By then the batter gets fermented.
- In a pan boil sugar and water for 15 to 18 mins to form sticky syrup. Add the lemon juice,cardamom powder and saffron and keep on low heat.
- After one to 1 and 1/2 hour the batter will get fermented,so now we can make the jalebi's. For that heat the oil in a wok.The heat should be medium hot and once at that point reduce it to medium low.
- Fill the Jalebi batter into a piping bag/ketchup bottle .
- Squeeze the Jalebi batter out in the hot oil in spiral shape
- Fry the Jalebi's crispy for few minutes on both sides.
- Transfer into the syrup.
- Let jalebi soak in the warm syrup for a few seconds and take out.
1.After fermenting batter will be smooth.The batter should have medium thickness,else jalebi's would become too thin and crispy.
2.Don't soak the jalebi's for more time.That makes them too soft by absorbing too much of syrup.