Raw Plantain-1 no
Lentils/toor dal/pigeon pea-1/2 cup
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Chilly powder-1 tsp
Grated coconut-1/4 cup
Salt to taste
Curry leaves-1 stalk
Oil for seasoning
Grated Coconut-1/4 tsp
Method Of Preparation:
1. Cook the lentils till it becomes soft.
2. Cut the plantain into half lengthwise and then to small pieces as in picture.
3. Add the plantain to boiled lentils along with Turmeric powder,salt and Chilly powder and cook till plantain becomes soft.
4. Meanwhile grind the coconut and cumin to smooth paste with water.
5. Add the above coconut mixture to curry and boil till bubbles come.
6.Add the curry leaves to it and take from heat.
7.In a wok heat little oil and sputter the mustard.Add little grated coconut to that and fry it till it turns brown.Add this to the curry.
8. Serve it with white rice.