Taro(chembu/colocasia)- 2 no(cut irregularly)
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Coconut grated-1/4 cup
Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
Sour yogurt/curd-2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds-1/4 tsp
Dry red chilly-2 no
Curry leaves-1 stalk
Method Of Preparation:
1. Boil the taro ,salt and turmeric powder with water till it gets cooked.
2. Grind the coconut,cumin,curd(yogurt) to paste.
3. When taro gets cooked add coconut mixture. If necessary add more curd if the dish looks too thick.
4. When the dish boils slightly remove from heat and add curry leaves.
5. In a wok heat oil,add mustard,let it sputter then add red chilly and fenugreek and roast them.
6. Add this to the curry and mix well.Serve with rice.
1. After adding coconut mixture the dish shouldn't be boiled much.It will lose its taste.
2. Fenugreek seeds adds extra flavour.Its not compulsory.
3. Instead of taro, vegetables like cucumber,raw plantain(banana),White pumpkin(ellavan) can be used.