Beaten rice/aval/poha-1/2 cup(I used matta aval)
Whole milk-3 cups
sugar -1-1/2 cup
cashew nuts to garnish
Raisins to garnish
ghee -2 tbsp
Method Of Preparation:
1. In a pan,heat the ghee and fry the cashews and raisins . To that add the beaten rice and fry for 3 minutes approx.
2. Add milk to that along with sugar and bring to boil.
3. Cook it till the beaten rice becomes soft. Stir it continuously.
4. Once milk starts to evaporate /thickened add cardamom powder and fried cashews and raisins. Take from heat.
3. Serve warm or cold.
1. You can use normal milk 2 cups with half cup condensed milk.If so adjust sugar according to that.
2. I have used matta aval/beaten rice(aval made from matta rice/red rice).So it takes some time to become soft.If using white aval it gets cooked fast.
Sending this to kurinji's aval contest.