1. Basmathi Rice-1 cup
2. Green Peas-1 cup(defrosted)
3. Cumin-1/4 tsp
4. Ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp
5. Onion-1 no(sliced)
6. Green chilly-2 no(slit)
7. Pepper powder-1 tsp
8. Garm masala-1 tsp
9. Cardamom powder-1/4 tsp
10. Salt to taste
11. Water-2 cups
12. Oil-2 tbsp
13. Cashew nuts few
14. Raisins few
Method of Preparation:
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add onion to it.wait till it turns out translucent.
2. Add ginger-garlic paste and wait for few seconds and then add green chillies,pepper powder, garm masala, cardamom powder and green peas and mix well.
3.To this add rice and salt and mix properly.
4. Then add water and cook it on high without weight.
5. Once high pressure comes put the weight and reduce flame to low.Wait for 2 to 3 minutes and off the heat.
6. Garnish it with roasted cashews and raisins.
1. Don't let the pressure cooker to whistle.
2. cashew/raisins can be omitted.
3. If the food looks moist/little sticky keep it open for sometime.
4. If using an ordinary vessel wait till the rice gets cooked and water gets evaporated from rice.
5. If using dry green peas soak it in water prior to use, till it becomes tender.