Raw Rice(eg:Ponni/Idli rice)-1 cup
White Lentils-1/2 cup
Fenugreek seeds-2 tsp
1. Soak rice with fenugreek and lentils in water separately for 3 or more hours(water should be above rice and lentils).
2. Drain the water of rice and grind it to medium smooth paste using the water from lentils.
3. Once it is done grind the lentils to smooth paste and mix it with rice in a vessel. Add salt to that mixture and mix well with hands and keep in a warm place to ferment. It is good to keep it overnight.
4. Next day you can make delicious dosa's.
How to make Dosa:
1. Dosa batter
1. Mix the batter properly. Heat a round shaped non stick skillet.Once it is medium hot pour the dosa batter using a round bowl spoon and make it round before it gets stuck to the pan. Pour a tsp of ghee or oil and cover and cook for a second. If you use ghee it forms ghee roast else plain dosa.
Finally you get delicious dosa. Serve it hot with chutney/sambar.